Supplier Spotlight® highlights the unique skill sets and service offerings of our vast supplier network. Below is an interview with Actu-Real, whose mission is to combine statistical, actuarial, data sciences, drug development and health economics expertise to enable data-driven, evidence-based design and implementation of risk-sharing framework and decisions in healthcare and insurance.
What is your company’s mission?
Our mission is to enable better results through evidence-based decisions in healthcare, with the vision to Inspire and Implement a universally accepted outcomes-based approach to healthcare access. Our differentiation is our strong cross-functional expertise across clinical development, RWE, HEOR, market access, statistics, data sciences, actuarial science and technology, along with rich global industry experience and leadership experience across strategy and operations.
What products and services do you offer?
Real World Evidence
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Market Access and Pricing
Technology Services and Digital Innovation
What problems do you solve?
While the challenges of quality and speed of design, data and reporting for regulatory submissions continue for the biopharmaceutical industry and we help solve them, we have a big focus on the paradigm of value-based healthcare which has gained prominence across all healthcare stakeholders. How to estimate value of the intervention for optimal pricing and access is the key question to answer. There’s uncertainty around how the risk benefit profile of a health intervention translates from clinical development to the real world. This is the problem Actu-Real solves. Real world data analytics allows modelling of this uncertainty and enables decisions about risk sharing and risk rationalization across stakeholders. There is growing recognition about the importance of risk-sharing agreements or outcomes-based contracts. Access to Big Data, increased sophistication of statistical and data science methods, and availability of data analytics skillset can be leveraged to define risk sharing mechanisms and models, and to refine and implement them based on real-time availability of updated, comprehensive data. However, the operational complexities involved in the implementation cannot be underestimated and need to be solved for.
What are the most innovative tools and technologies that you offer?
- Digitization solutions for Real World Data (RWD)
- Healthcare data warehousing
- Real world data analytics platform used In a managed services model
- Integration of customized clinical rules into claim systems
What are your competitive advantages?
- Cross-functional expertise across clinical development, real world evidence, health economics, data sciences and actuarial science
- In–depth expertise and experience that spans across pre-Launch and post-launch continuum
- All-encompassing solution – HERCULE™ – a modular real world data analytics platform, and services, all in a global delivery model
- Innovative solutions in value-based healthcare and risk sharing agreements
- Pragmatic and fit for purpose solution ensuring tangible & quality business outcomes
- Best-in-class statistical expertise for efficient clinical trial design
Who are your clients?
- Biopharmaceutical Companies – large and mid-sized
- Small and medium bio-techs
- Health Insurance companies
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) & Providers
What new products and services are you developing in 2021/22?
(1) Capability Augmentation – with the strong recruitment capabilities of our parent co. and the domain experience of Actu-Real management, we have a focus on capability augmentation of resource types relevant to RWE, HEOR, Data Sciences, Statistics and Programming. We can offer any model that the client prefers – In-sourced, functional service provider model or managed capability augmentation
(2) Center of Excellence for Real World Evidence Generation – This CoE will have the required expertise, resources, Infrastructure, processes and technology to conduct real world studies, observational studies, registries etc. and decentralized studies in various regions.
Where are your laboratories and/or offices located?
Actu-Real offers an optimized global delivery model with 15+ global offices and delivery centers Headquarters: 221 Roswell St, Suite 150 Alpharetta, GA 30009
Join us for our upcoming webinar on Tuesday, November 16, 12:00pm – 1:00pm EST: “Value-based agreements. Are we going to see more or less of them?“